Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Umbrella Today?

Despite our oh-so-unusual 70 degree weather of last week, despite the current 90 degree temperature in my hometown of Valencia, CA, despite how much we don’t want it, it’s raining in New York today.

Walking to work, I could pick out the responsible ones – the folks who chatted with their local weatherman this morning. I could also pick out those that didn’t; clambering around with briefcases held high over their heads and important documents clutched to their chests. Tattered hairdos and stained suede shoes romping through the misplaced puddles of Times Square, these folks need help.

If you are one of “those people,” I’d like to share with you Umbrella Today? They claim to be the simplest weather report around, and simply put, it is. All you do is type in your zip code and the Website tells you “yes” or “no” to bringing an umbrella with you for the day. That’s it. Five seconds, max.

Personally, I like to check weather.com, my morning news show and occasionally I’ll actually look out the window to check for clouds, but that’s just me. I like a little more information. You know the basics: humidity, barometer reading, high pressure, low pressure, dew point…I suppose you could call me a geek.

Have fun with the Website, but please! don’t be one of the annoying who then bring 10 ft. wide golf umbrellas to the streets of Manhattan. Save them for the tee. There’s just not enough room.

Add to Technorati Favorites




Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious
Stumble It!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites Delicious Bookmark this on Delicious Stumble It!