Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Drinking Green

I attended an event last night that was so much fun I have to share. The event was a monthly gathering of a group called Green Drinks at LQ Bar in midtown.

Basically, this networking/social group was founded several years ago by people who want to meet other ecologically-minded people in a social setting. It has grown so large that there are Green Drinks gatherings in cities all over the world. In fact, last night there were several hundred people in attendance.

Each gathering has different sponsors or presenters (just a quick talk, otherwise the event is mostly social). Last night NBC was there promoting their GreenWeek television series coming up and the people from CERC were promoting their programs as well.

They had green drink specials, which were literally…green. I tried a Melon Ball (Midori, vodka and pineapple juice) and my friend tried a Tykyu Martini (though it turned out more yellow than green). NBC even thought to bring along green cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery…they know me too well!

Networking was going down all over the place; so many people from so many different professions – lawyers, businesspeople, designers, planners, non-profiteers, young, old. The best part was that you could strike up a conversation with anyone without any dirty looks, though there were inevitably the awkward moments when I would just pass along my business card and head for another cupcake.

All in all, it was a great night. What else is going on Tuesday nights anyway? I’m looking forward to the holiday party on Dec. 7 I believe. Green Drinks meets the first Tuesday of every month at a different venue each time. Sign up for their mailing list to find out more. I hope to see you there soon!

Add to Technorati Favorites




Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious
Stumble It!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites Delicious Bookmark this on Delicious Stumble It!