Friday, December 5, 2008

More Cheap Theater

As I mentioned in my last post, I FINALLY got to see Spring Awakening - a musical that takes place in 1890's Germany about repressed adolescents figuring out life, sex, themselves (the original play was banned so you know it's scandalous) on Tuesday night. I found the story a bit predictable and depressing, but the music was excellent and the passion within each of the actors was surely intense - that made for a good show.

Here's the great part (and probably why I enjoyed the show so much), for $40 you can sit on-stage. I don't mean off to the side somewhere where you can barely see the show, but I mean on the stage, with the actors - you can hear their voices from their mouths as opposed to just a mix out of the speakers. This is sometimes a drawback because you miss some words when the music gets really loud, but on the whole, it was an amazing experience that I'd highly recommend. Plus, you pay so much less than all those clamoring for front row seats.

You can buy these tickets online by choosing "on-stage seating" or by going to the box office day of. But hurry! The show closes January 18th!

Add to Technorati Favorites




Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious
Stumble It!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites Delicious Bookmark this on Delicious Stumble It!